How much is a right question to ask, relatively! Often we get calls asking us how much is for a tune up, or how much is for brake replacement. Most motorist do this but why? its really simple...
- Don't know what else to ask
- got a ridiculous price at dealer or chain
- Finding the cheapest deal
1) Now, its hard for us to give you a price for your "tune up" because we done even know if a tune up is what your vehicle needs. So follow up questions will ensue.
- why do you think you need a tune up?
- Is there a check engine light on?
- Is the car hard to start?
- Does it idle funny?
What we really need to do is Inspect your vehicle and find out what is causing your symptom or issue. Only then we can give you a written estimate with itemized parts and labor needed to complete the job.
2) Now, if you already came from another shop or dealer who has inspected the vehicle and have given you a ridiculous price. It is only the smart thing to do to get a second opinion.
We can give you an apples to apples comparison with your estimate so long as you have your part numbers listed on your estimate. not all parts are the same, and especially not all technicians performing the work are the same. Send us the copy of your estimate and we can do this for you.
Again, its better to bring the car in to have it inspected by us and receive a written estimate. You may not even need that repair to begin with.
3) Finding the cheapest prices is ok as long as it apples to apples comparison. Couple things to consider not just price:
- Reputation of the shop
- Age of business
- Are technicians certified and experienced
- Part quality
- Service quality and Trust factor
- Is there warranty? how long is the warranty? parts, labor and towing covered?
So take these as considerations before comparing prices, We have been in business for over 11 years and with high satisfaction reviews from our clients. We employ ASE certified technicians and send them to training. We 100% back up our work with a 24,000 mile / 24 month parts and labor nationwide warranty. We cover your towing expense and we are rated by BBB a++ and a Repair Pal Certified Top Shop.