One of the most important system in your vehicle is your engine cooling system. Watch the video above to get a quick, easy to understanding of the cooling system in your vehicle.
- transfers heat from engine to cooling system via coolant(fluid) which is then cooled down by the radiator and cooling fans and re-enters the engine.
- coolant flows to heater core inside the dash to supply heat in the cabin. (its how you get heater in your vehicle!)
What happens if coolant is low or leaking?
- fluid is not able to absorb the heat from engine and transfer the heat vi radiator. Causes extreme heat in the engine and cause an engine failure.
- not enough fluid to travel into the heater core to provide heat in the cabin.
Symptoms of failing cooling system
- Low heating temp in cabin
- Engine temp needle climbs up to HOT or above the middle of gauge
- perform cooling system service at manufacture specified intervals. To prevent acid build up, corrosion, renew additives in that protect the system.