One of the most important system in your vehicle is your engine cooling system. Watch the video above to get a quick, easy to understanding of the cooling system in your vehicle.
- transfers heat from engine to cooling system via coolant(fluid) which is then cooled down by the radiator and cooling fans and re-enters the engine.
- coolant flows to heater core inside the dash to supply heat in the cabin. (its how you get heater in your vehicle!)
What happens if coolant is low or leaking?
- fluid is not able to absorb the heat from engine and transfer the heat vi radiator. Causes extreme heat in the engine and cause an engine failure.
- not enough fluid to travel into the heater core to provide heat in the cabin.
Symptoms of failing cooling systemLow heating temp in cabinEngine temp needle climbs up to HOT or above the middle of gauge
- perform cooling system service at manufacture specified intervals. To prevent acid build up, corrosion, renew additives in that protect the system.